View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Time to talk about what 300 parts fit previous models!

I'm curious about what 300/2013 250 parts fits the previous Ninjette models. Kawasaki plans a lot of farkles for this one too.

If anyone can clarify these, I'd be thankful:
Fitted tank bag? The tanks are clearly different but still a very similar general shape. I guess it depends on hot "fitted" it is.
Engine/frame protectors? The engine does mount differently (rubber) and the fairings are very different, but I'm still curious. Strange that Kawi sells these!
Sprocket cover? I've seen the J/K series one on a '86/'87 model here, so it seems to have had a long fitment run over many styles. This one has fewer bolts though.
Engine cases covers? Ninja250.org has instructions for swapping '86/'87 with '88-'07 stator covers and said the clutch covers between previous gens swapped without modification. While I doubt the clutch covers are that easy this time around, perhaps the whole FCC slipper clutch can be transferred.
Wider rear tire? Seems that it could Plug 'n' Play with the J/K bike. Does it? Front no longer has a mechanical speedometer cable so spacers and such might make it harder to swap.
Rearsets? These have been swappable for the longest time, so I do wonder if the new style can be swapped. They swap.
Rear tire hugger? The swingarms look identical to me, though it may have a new mounting hole or two.
Handlebars/triple? These look identical but, well, confirmation would be good.

Edit:
Handlebars and triples confirmed to be the same Kawasaki part number below. Controls have obvious changes (no choke, differently-shaped levers, passing light, etc) but lever perches are the same. The RH control box is the same.
Rearsets confirmed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
I went out and bought a 300 today. When I got home I had to confirm a couple of things.
My first suspicion was that was mostly unchanged that the rearsets would be the same. I had my factory rearsets from my 250 laying around so I decided to try them out. They bolted up perfectly. This means that any aftermarket rearsets made for the 08-12 250R should work. The upper fork tubes also measure out the exact same so aftermarket clipons will also work.
I still have to check the exhaust, air filter and rear suspension. I have a feeling they will all be the same way. I'll keep you updated.

Last futzed with by CZroe; October 21st, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote