View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #28
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

This is the same thing I have been preaching for years. I didn't have my Ninja for more than a month before my boots caused me to go down. In my case, the boot's sole came loose at the rear of the shoe allowing the heel to dangle. I didn't realize they were like that when I got on the bike. When I came to a stop, the heel grabbed the peg and prevented me from putting my foot down and over I went.

This is one of the reasons why I am so anti-boot. The bottom line is that its ALWAYS better to avoid an accident than survive one. Wearing gear that cause accidents is not a good idea IMHO.

Also, if you look at jiggle's crash video, it sure looks like to me that his boot stuck his foot to the peg for a split second which resulted in him breaking his leg. Thus, fuel for the argument that boots can actually make things worse in a crash. So while he reported no injuries to his feet, the accident left him with a mangled leg.

While I have looked, I have not found a pair of boots that both fit well and can be trusted not to cause an accident. So until then, I'm wearing my trusty sneakers.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.