View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2013, 04:59 AM   #38
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

No I wasn't kidding. While I don't doubt that people do injure there feet in accidents (even my foot had some road rash after my accident), but there is mounting anecdotal evidence that in some cases, wearing boots can make things worse in an accident.

I've already mentioned my suspicions about juggle's accident. There was also a guy up in Daytona a few months back that had his leg torn off just above his riding boot.

But all in all I do suspect that the times that a boot helps is far greater than the times it makes it worse.

But when footwear always hurt my feet that's 100% chance that my foot will be injured. Without boots, I have what, a 0.00001% chance that I will severely injure my feet. The vaccine is worse than the disease.

So again I say that I'm not wearing boots that don't fit right.

Then there is the convenience factor. I know you're a runner. If the run start was 50 miles away, would you run in the boots or would you have to take a proper pair of running shoes and change once you got there?

I wish I could get work boots to work properly. Those do come in my size and I have some already. But they are too stiff in the ankle to work the pedals on the Ninja. I have worn them on cruisers with no problem.

But I'm not saying YOU or anybody else should wear sneakers, I'm just saying that I'm going to wear them pending a manufacturer making a pair that fits, that I don't have to change once I get where I'm going, and doesn't cost a fortune.