Thread: Turbo install
View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2015, 02:38 AM   #99
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

Name: harry

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 2004 Buell XB12s, Honda 110 Elite

Talking Toolz n such

I REALLY like the offset bushing idea for the cams if you have enough selection. It is difficult to keep the sprockets in place on a two bolt sprocket if they are slotted.

Back in the day, we used to spot weld the sprockets in place after setting the cam timing on the engines to keep everything in place on J model and GS1150 race engines.

I am more concerned with using a dial gauge as a TDC finder. Have you considered the dwell at TDC?. It's small, but huge when setting up cams.

You need a hard stop to find before and after TDC, and adjust the degree wheel to suit.

The easy-on degree wheel holder seems like a great idea at first glance. If it has ANY lateral or torsional slop, repeatability go out the window. as does the discrimination. Speaking of discrimination, you need the largest diameter degree wheel you can find for the greatest accuracy.

And I am sure I saw lobe center numbers somewhere for the cams, but damn if I remember where.