View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2021, 08:50 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, we started to go into that years ago and the smallest cell we ever made was the one out of the 2" fender washers and I actually could not see any difference in production between the small cell and the larger wall switch cell
and there was a big size difference in the cells... production is a product of amperage, not so much voltage although higher voltage helps
... I got over 5LPM from a Randy cell by hooking it to my DC welder
and running it at 105 VDC Line voltage on the electrode of the welder and cranking up the amps to 200 amps....
that little cell really put out the Gas.... it never did arc between the plates like I expected it to !
storing HHO gas is not advisable, in any scenario as it is very highly explosive as you know. yes you can do that but gas production falls off over 3 and 4 psi and will almost be completely shut down at 20 psi. (Yes I tested that).
so you shoot yourself in the foot if you store it, not to mention it will recombine into water when stored for a long time.
it's far better to have cells that kick in on demand, than to store excess gas

A motorcycle takes far less HHO to run it than a car but unless you add a large car altenator to the bike engine I don't see how you can get enough amperage to run a cell ... I had 2 cells in one container at one time
on my truck and that worked really good I got double the production of gas but also double the draw....
Bob Boyce's tube cells were very good producers but their spacing was a long way apart if you could make a tube cell with a spacing of 1/16" or less
that would be a fantastic cell...
so the size of the cell ( surface area) really doesn't come into the picture much... just about any cell will handle an insane amount of amperage
Logic tells me there should be a point of saturation, but I never found one on the Randy cell.
I started to make a 12"x12" stainless steel plate cell like Bob Boyce made one time but I didn't have the $400 bucks for the stainless steel
the theory there was the abundance of plate area made for more production
but that is not what I found, I found it was mainly amperage that determines production amount.
he also ran an inverter giving the plates 220 vdc and alot of amps...( can't remember how many amps right now but it was alot!)
and he had a frequency adjust pulser on that voltage that in his words "shook the bubbles loose ".... it must have done something as his VW sand buggy got a minimum of 8LPM and as much as 12LPM and it ran fine in all situations.... with NO gasoline.
so he was way ahead of me on production of HHO .... so I figured I would just add more cells... which would be the poor mans way out...<grin>
his VW had the same CC's as my truck so how could I go wrong copying that ?
I got 6 cells made and was making 8... had them attached to a board that sit behind the cab in the pickup bed...and was going to plumb it to the engine from there... I had in mind of running the last 2 or 3 cells on relays that
were automatically switched on my a sensitive pressure switch of 1 PSI to keep the gas pressure as low as possible
I don't know how well that would have worked though ,my alternate plan was to have switches on the dash for when demands were high, like going up hills.I was going to use a propane carburator to hook the HHO gas to the engine
so I would have throttle control... a easy cure for the metering of the HHO.
I am guessing but I would think that 8 LPM gas production would be enough for a 750cc motorcycle
but I have no way of knowing that.... it's a guess bikes use more fuel per cc than a car engine as they produce more HP per cc.... in almost every case.
.... I had a 3.5 HP B&S engine that I hooked to the HHO container and got it started it idled fine but would not take any throttle .... any throttling up killed it as it was just too lean.
and that was just 2 LPM of HHO
...so you can see the problem a motorcycle would take 4 times as much HHO production than that to work.
Yes there are fancy injectors that when computer controlled could solve the HHO injection problem , turn on extra cells when needed ,and really be a boon to the whole idea... but that is expensive , and anyone doing this is trying to do it to save money because their poor, the rich people don't bother, they just bitch at the gas pump !

Bob....