View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #513
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Ehhhh, sort of.

Will it be the limit of most riders' performance? no.

Will they be able to feel a difference between two chassis designs? I'd put money on it.

Will they be able to pinpoint chassis flex as what they're feeling? Again, likely not.

Compared to how much the suspension sucks on the ninjette and how much improvement can be attained for a small amount of money from suspension tweaks, will most people even care about the chassis differences? likely not.

You know how completely different two bicycles of the same specs and of the same category can feel, why should motorcycles be any different? Compare a Tarmac with Ultegra spec to a TCR of Ultegra spec. There's a definite difference. Don't underestimate it. The limit is not the only place where differences can be felt. And thats comparing two frames that have nearly identical measurements; the R3 and N300 are completely different!

Saying that chassis improvements are not needed and not appreciated because the 300 is 'good enough' is just as silly saying that the 250 is all the power you'll ever need and anything more is irresponsible.

I see your point, but if you want a better chassis go to a 600 Supersport. It's that simple. Learn to ride a 300 with it's more than adequate chassis and by the time that you can honestly say the chassis is holding you back, you are probably more than capable of riding a supersport.

But I see what your saying about wanting different geometry options in the small displacement category. But for the majority of riders, this is not a factor and won't sell "beginner bikes."
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.