View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #43
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Fork Seal Leak

I only have 3k miles on my bike and the right fork seal is leaking! Im pissed at myself for not checking more often on the tube. on the underside, it has a small rust patch that messed up the dust cover/seal (whatever it is). Is steal wool enough to clean that crap off or do i need to use something else?

im planning on changing them out myself to save money by following the DIY( http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23200). Any other tips to offer me? But if i decided to take off the forks and bring them in to get the seals, bushings, etc changed out, how much could I expect to spend?(just to see if the amount of work Im going to have to deal with is worth it)

im on the heavier side(200lbs +)(im not fat, lets get that straight...haha) so im looking to stiffen up the front as well, but i will be keeping the stock handle bars(if that matters). What can i do to do so? heavier oil? what weight? anything else?

another thing, Where is the best place to get the replacement seals, bushings, etc from?

Thanks
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote