View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Wanderer
ninjette.org member

Name: Ruben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 1991 Yamaha Virago XV750

Are there any here using a motorcycle as their only form of transportation?

If you are, is it because you are forced to or do you do it because you want to?

Personally, I live in an area where the weather allows me to ride my bike all year long(no snow, little rain). I would love to be able to live without the cost, maintenance, licensing and insurance of owning a car/truck.

I'm an older retired person, no kids or wife at home and I live in a small urban area near a lot of services. I enjoy riding my little bike daily. I have an older Toyota Tacoma pickup paid for, licensed and in good running condition at home.

Because of cost, simplicity, minimalism and vehicle upkeep, I am beginning to consider getting rid of my little pickup and just using my Ninjette for all commuter travel. But, I must admit, I am a little afraid of losing the convenience of my little truck.

I suspect that I will just keep it available and licensed, but little used. That seems like such a waste, but maybe a smarter choice. But, on the other hand, I would love to use the money saved from getting rid of the truck to take a vacation or travel abroad every now and then.

All opinions welcome.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote