View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #22
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
I would never want to have a motorcycle as my own form of transportation. Even if I'm retired or if I'm able to use public transportation, I would still want a 4 wheeled vehicle just because I'm "lazy".

Bad weather? No problem. Cold? No problem. Need to run to the store and don't feel like spending 5 minutes to put on gear? No problem. Just walk out of the house in flip flops and shorts and hop into the car.

If your Taco is really old, maybe you may qualify for historic plates? Much less expensive to register and insure with historic plates.

I'm in a similar situation as you. My 1999 Toyota has 85k miles on it. Strong V8 motor and tranny. Maintained regularly. But I don't use it much unless I have to. I would prefer to use the bike. But for times like running errands, I would hate to do it on the bike. Have a large package to drop off at the post office? Need to do grocery shopping? I tried doing that via bike. It just wasn't fun. It became a chore because not only am I in full gear sweating my butt off, I also have to tie down a large box to the rear seat and then figure out how to safely ride with 4 Shoprite bags of groceries home.

I personally rather just make one trip to bang out all my cumbersome errands on 4 wheels, then take the bike out for a "fun" ride.