View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2023, 06:55 AM   #2
ACL 9000
ninjette.org member

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2005 EX250, 1975 Suzuki T500, 2018 Kawasaki Z900RS

Question I need kickstand and blinker repair advice

I tried to post this the other day and I can’t find it now, so I hope I’m not just being stupid and annoying.

Anyway, years ago I was told by a dealership mechanic that the kickstand on my ‘05 was broken. He said a boss was missing and I needed it welded. For years I’ve just been using the center stand.

I have looked at the drawings and I can’t find any missing parts, so I presume something is actually broken like the guy said. I can’t really tell what’s wrong, though. It’s affixed with one bolt that also secures the lower fairing stay, and when I rest the bike on it, it will rotate forward and up. There’s a hole ahead of that one, but the drawings don’t show what it’s for and I don’t think there are any threads in there.

What should be preventing the thing from flopping around the way it does?

Also: An idiot I let ride the bike crashed it and broke a blinker, so I bought the only massively-overpriced pair I could find. They got here and one is cracked. I figure these must still be usable if I can brace that up.

Does anyone know what kind of plastic that is? If it’s the kind of plastic that you can basically weld back together with a little bit of the right solvent I’d be very happy. Otherwise, what do you think is the best way to go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9DF245AC-FCC3-443D-B74A-E9D3BA274086.jpg (70.6 KB, 4 views)
ACL 9000 is offline   Reply With Quote