View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

When I was looking for a new gen last October, I couldn't find any for under $3500 unless they had been crashed. Actually, the only reason I was able to get my '09 for as low as $3500 then was because the guy I bought it from was still paying it off, so he lowered the price a couple of times (apparently people kept turning him down as soon as they found out they would have to hassle paying off the financing company).

But I also live in Los Angeles and everything is overpriced here. I don't know what a normal going price in Alabama is like, so that might be a bit high for a bike with that many miles on it. It never really hurts to try and haggle though, but if it turns out to be a really nice bike that was well taken care of over those 10k miles, it might be worth it. It really just depends on the general going rate in your area. I mean, MSRP doesn't really mean a whole lot if there's nowhere you can actually buy one for that price. I'd recommend looking on craigslist beforehand to make sure that's the nicest you can get for that kind of money in case you can't talk him down.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote