View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #13
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Might be a little late, but I just noticed this thread.

I swapped the fork springs in my pre-gen 250 for ones from a GS500F a few years back. The GS500F fork spring are nearly identical in stiffness to the ninja 500 springs.

I weigh ~150lbs, so according to the racetech calculator they are actually a little soft for my weight, at least that's what racetech says. The front end is actually way to stiff, I was gonna go back to stock and raise the oil level hoping to find a happy medium. I never got around to it though, just got used to a stiff front end which is better than a soft front I guess.

With the GS500F spring the front end on that bike barely moves, even if I jump up and down on the bike, or under hard braking. I might be getting 2in of travel during riding, just a guess from looking at the forks but I know I wasn't getting anywhere near full suspension travel.

I don't know why the racetech chart is so far off for me. Unless you weigh over 200lbs I wouldn't recommend the springs. BTW I also swapped the rear shock in that bike for one from an '08 250, which I was really happy with.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote