View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2019, 04:40 AM   #8
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa129 View Post

There are riders out there that can make that up against slower riders but if you can ride that well you would be able to podium it the lightweight races against SV's and FZ07's on a 400 (or 300 for that matter if you are a Barry or Jankord) Bruce rides 250 chassis but i doubt any of them a 250cc

good
You are comparing the Ninja 400 against SV and FZ07 riders that aren't that good then. Take two riders of the same skill level put one a Ninja 400 and one on an SV and I call BS that the rider on the 400 is going to win.
I totally get that the 400 Ninja is an excellent bike that CAN be competitive in a bunch of classes. That doesn't mean it's the best bike to win in a particular class.

For the OP, you can have a bunch of fun on the 300 Ninja if you just want to be out there having fun. They are cheap and handle great. A fantastic bike in the rain too.
Still you can be pretty competitive if you want. Our endurance team made a lot of teams on bigger bikes look silly on several occasions.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote