View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2015, 06:53 PM   #4
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Oh goodness, misdirection in this thread.

If you lower (or raise) the front and rear the same amount, the geometry will not change, only the height. Within reason (about an inch, I'd guess) you will be alright with suspension travel and not contacting body work if you bottom out. More than that, and I'd bet you'll touch the front fender on the nose, and we've seen people rub the rear tire on the undertail. As long as you don't get crazy on how far you lower it, you will not have to worry about the suspension at all, or changing the dynamics of the bike through changing the head angle.

for the rear: lowering links. some are adjustable, some are set.

for the front: lowering blocks. These go between the risers and the triple. I think an inch is it here. Go much further and you'll need longer cables and brake hose. You also could get 36mm clip ons and lower the forks in the triples.

Now, why exaclty are you lowering this? I see that you want smaller gaps, lower tail, and fatter tire. ummmmmm... well... okay. FWIW: it's a sport bike, general motto is face down, ass up, that's the way we like to... you get the idea. Most people seem to raise the tail, myself included. and lowering for smaller gaps; this isn't a ricer, dooood. It just isn't.

Anyhow, being short I can understand. I don't agree with it, but I can see a legitimate reason there. Think an inch will help? More than that and it can potentially get more expensive.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.