Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:31 AM   #10
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I just think "gym exercise" is mostly a waste of time. You want to stay fit, and gain strength where it is actually usable? Find some hobbies/activates that require physical exertion and go do them. This way, you have fun, get exercise, and get better/gain skill at whatever this hobby/activity is.

^better than spending an hour in a gym every day IMO where you build muscle that you will most likely never put to use and that bulk muscle most likely inhibits normal day to day functions more than it helps. Doesn't make sense in my head? but what do I know.
Some people say they like the gym... I think it is a chore and annoying. People that go to the gym are people that like looking at themselves in the mirror, JMO.

Get a hobby, hell 2 or three go do them, get skills, get fit, have fun.

here is a list of things that are fun, and will build usable muscle and help you stay in shape all at the same time.

bicycling, road or mtn I prefer mtn. work them legs and gluts, save those knees and build some serious cardio
rock climbing, Think your strong you ain't got nothing on these guys? Those big pipes won't help you here.
boxing/martial arts, build muscle where you need it, get trim, get faster, and learn how to kick ass... count me in!
dirt bike riding (if you have a big enough bike and ride hard, its a serious work out, hang on for the ride)
snowboarding/skiing (I forget what they say but you burn serious calories snowboarding and you build leg & core strength and gain balance)
basketball, great exercise, work on hand eye coordination, and work on your trash talking skills all at the same time.
hockey, ice skating, balance, core and leg strength, and you can put them boxing skills to go use to.
surfing, anything involving water is exhausting... less driving a boat.
swimming - to exhausting.. ill pass
wake boarding/skiing, fairly broad work out, + balance skills
skateboarding - balance, legs, just don't break an ankle

the list goes on...

With all of those things mentioned for not one of them does it pay to be huge ripped in the arms and shoulders/chest legs whatever, there is a fine balance between to much bulk muscle and lean usable muscle. Gym muscles are good for lifting symmetrical balanced weights and standing in front of a mirror... JMO

edit: this story in the news just today
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/trai...t-cant-do-pull

if this kid is that good clearly you don't need the strength in that area to play the sport well so why develop it?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote