Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM   #16
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
I commute mostly on my bicycle:

11 miles each way. I try to do at least 2-3 days/week. This week, I think I might actually bike all 5 days.

I also have a home gym for resistance training, and a stand-up heavy bag.
Interesting machine you have there. What's wrong with a 'normal' style of bike. Is that one more comfortable to ride? Just curious...

Good work! Keep it up dude, it's hard to explain but you never feel like working out. You NEVER feel like "oh yay, time to bike 11 miles..." but you get on the bike and you start pedaling and before you know it you're there and you feel damn good and wonder why you weren't looking forward to the ride in the first place because you feel so good now. (And it's funny because that's how it goes almost every single time...)

I look at fitness as a habit, a personal value, a mental conviction. Something I simply do. There is no "want to" or "don't want to" --- just something that I do. Like taking a shower, or brushing your teeth. You wake up in the morning and you brush your teeth, period. You don't think "I don't feel like it" or "I'll brush my teeth tomorrow, I'm too tired/late/etc."

Just something you do. You eat to survive, you shower to stay clean, you work to afford housing/life, and you maintain fitness routines to stay in shape.

Keep up the good work brah!