View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #34
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
The gym is a hobby, I don't go to build myself to the size of a brick shithouse, I used be built like that, but do functional stuff like kettlebells, TRX & bodyweight work.

**** when I was a gunner I had to wear 36" trousers (I've a 32" waist) just to fit my legs in. I could leg press 245kg (540 lbs, ~3x bodyweight) on a sled type leg press & lift a field gun that weighed the same as an M5 BMW to it's point of balance or push it around once balanced. Carrying 100lb ammo crates was another regular occurrence, feeding 35lb bombs into a heavy mortar with it's barrel above head height took strength & stamina.
This guy knows what I'm on about.

You build a body that compliments your lifestyle.

If all you do is shuffle papers and your 'heavy workout' is running 50ft to catch a bus... it doesn't make as much sense to build a strong body as if you load logs into a wood chipper, team-lift massive crap, or have to perform lots of heavy lifting or strenuous stamina type production.

When you get bigger, everything else gets lighter. (Yeah go ahead tell me that's not true, but there's truth in it if you overlook the lack of logic.)