View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #24
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

The injectors, which are from the European EX-250, flow about 210cc/min at 43psi. This is my estimate. I figured this out by running injector flow tests after I had all the equipment installed on the bike.

I couldn't find any specification for EX-250 injector flow rate available anywhere on the web or in print to tell me this. I guess Kawasaki doesn't feel that anyone (beyond their own engineers) needs to know this information, because injector flow rate isn't a statistic that would impress the average sportbike buyer or sell more bikes if Kawasaki were to publish it. Also, the injectors are built in Japan under license from Bosch (they're a Bosch design), and they don't have standard Bosch markings on them (which can normally be looked up to learn information like flow rate, max operating pressure, and whether it's high or low impedance).

About the money issue: I believe that we all have things we blow money on just for fun. Here's an example of the problem this causes. I've got a friend/neighbor who smokes a lot (and I mean a LOT) of weed. This guy will (quite regularly) stand in my garage (usually after his Saturday morning "bake") while I'm working on my bike and casually lecture me on "wasting" my money and time. Yeah, the guy who spends untold amounts of money on weed is lecturing me on my motorcycle project! And I've never said a word to him about the money he spends on his weed. It's his thing, I understand that, but obviously he doesn't.

I've had people on (the other Ninja) forum try to shame me or discount my projects based on the money they cost. These same people almost certainly have things they "waste" money on, but not on their Ninja, so in their little minds they decide that nobody should "waste" money on a Ninja project.

About the idea of doing a full Euro-spec EX-250 transplant. There are problems with that idea. I may have time to mention them later, but right now I've gotta catch a flight.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote