View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #29
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Damn I bet pilot's pee in cups rather often
Yeah, between my two flying jobs, Southwest Airlines and the Air National Guard, I pee in cups all the time. In fact, if you hand me a cup you're liable to get a urine sample back. I actually find it a bit offensive/degrading to be tested all the time. I like to fight back just a bit. Every time I get "randomly selected" for a screen I tell the person administering the testing "Hey, you're in luck. I'm in a position to upgrade to you a stool sample!" I never get any takers on the offer, but I think they understand my meaning.

Quote:
Keep us posted on the tuning and more pic please
Well, I've got plenty of pictures. Just tell me when you've seen enough!

Since we were discussing parts of the system as I built it, here's a lineup of some of the major pieces:

The fuel pump is a Suzuki LT-R450 Quadracer unit. I was worried about the fuel pump choice because the EX-250 doesn't have a lot of extra electrical power available. I needed a pump big enough for the job, but really easy on the amperage. This pump is great on all counts: very available on Ebay, low electrical draw, easy to mount, plenty of pressure/volume for the job. (Switching to LED lights in the bike's brakelight cluster covered the fuel pump's draw. My voltmeter shows high 12s to mid 13s at idle)

Here's how it looks mounted to the bike. Yeah, the bracket is ugly. It's just a temporary solution. I'm working on a cleaner, better looking setup. Not that it's visible to anyone because it's totally hidden up under the fuel tank's bottom hump.

I stuck with the Suzuki LT-R450 source for the fuel pressure regulator. It mounted up easily in my application. You've got three lines to plumb: high pressure input line from the fuel pump (about 50psi), high pressure output line to the fuel rail (43psi), and low pressure excess return back to the fuel pump input line.

The fuel filter was a bit of a puzzle for me. I eventually settled on a 1992 Honda Accord filter. I realized I needed a filter that had the inlet and outlet on the same end so I could bury it through the bottom of the old airbox floor. I needed it to mount in an out of the way place because I was trying to set the whole system up in a way that would allow me to remove and replace any piece of the system without having to take the rest of it apart. It hangs down just to the right of upper shock mount.

greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote