View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #32
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

There's lot's of little power draws for things like the injectors, the fast idle valve, the fuel pump, the oxygen sensor and it's controller, the MicroSquirt itself, etc. Every bit of it has to be "key switched" power.

So I installed an ignition key-switched auxilliary power panel. It sits on the left hand side of the bike between the CDI and the coolant reservior.

Here's a picture of the relay that controls the whole thing. It uses the horn circuit to provide trigger power to the relay. It's the one on the left above the fuse box (the one on the right is the fuel pump relay).

Here's a picture of the main fairing (off the bike while the work was being done). This shows the mounting for my clock and the Air/Fuel ratio guage. The Air/Fuel ratio guage gives instantaneous feedback on the bike's performance, letting me know at a glance if my tuning is working out correctly. For example, if I'm cruising with a small throttle opening the proper tune would result in a lean mixture (for fuel efficiency) of about 16 to 1 air/fuel ratio.

greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote