View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:54 PM   #37
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I keep on learning things about the fuel injection game. I may have successfully "fuel infected" my EX-250, but there's still a lot for me to learn.

Quote:
i can attest to that, I have burned through a bosch five wire (the sensor that came with the LC-1) in about 20K miles in my WRX.
Your mention of the fact that Wideband sensors don't have a very long lifespan is news to me. However, I do remember reading where guys were tuning their engines on the wideband and then switching to a cheaper narrow band sensor once they had the engine running sweet, but I didn't realize the reason was sensor life.

The weather in Spokane has been crappy for most of December so I haven't been able to work on getting my new fuel injection setup properly tuned. It ran fine in early December when I posted the Youtube videos, everything works correctly, just not tuned to a fine point.

I haven't been able to ride it for much of December due to the weather (and my In-Laws have been in town for over two weeks, just kill me now!). You have to ride it to be able to take datalogs which you then use to tweak the MicroSquirt's tables to a really sharp level of tuning.

Here's hoping I can ride it during January and February. I want it to be "full-up" by springtime.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote