View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #3
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvninja View Post
Ummm... I think you should come do that to mine .

Have you experienced any mechanical problems since you changed it to FI? Any overheating issues? That is pretty awesome, I'm kind of jealous
It starts and runs so well and so reliably that it makes me laugh when I think about it. I've modified so many parts of this bike: front and rear suspension, electrical system, FI system, intake, exhaust, coolant system, lighting (leds and headlight & taillight modulators), voltmeter, heated grips. I think about all that and it just amazes me the thing runs at all.

The hardest part was learning how to configure the fuel system, where and how to mount things and what type of components to use. I made a few bad choices when I initially built the fuel system causing it to trap air which made the pump's impeller cavitate.

Never had any problems related to the bike's coolant system. I did install the ThermoBob modification that helps it to warm up more quickly. The ThermoBob also causes the engine to have a much more uniform overall temperature (which is something vehicle engineers strive for because it reduces engine wear and increases effeciency).

The only temperature problem I've had was, once again, related to my first configuration of my fuel system. My fuel system doesn't use an in-tank pump so there's no return of the extra fuel pump output to the tank for cooling. In my first version of the fuel system I had heat buildup problems so I added a very small fuel cooler which completely solved the problem.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote