Old April 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM   #8
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
I made a few bad choices when I initially built the fuel system
Me too. I bought a mostly useless EFI kit. I suppose I could have done worse though. When I finish converting mine, I suspect its going to have a lot in common with yours. So I might be bugging you for advice.

For riding buddies, check out local riding clubs and your local ABATE chapter:
Inland Empire
Sweet Old Bob's
2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm
Corner of Trent and Ralph
3243 E Trent Avenue
Spokane, WA 99220
509-710-7964

Based on the way you rode in the video, I suspect you'd enjoy riding with cruiser guys more than sport bikers. I have a friend that rides like you and if I lead I always end pulling over and waiting so he can get through a light. We have totally different riding styles.

I've ridden with my local ABATE chapter before and I'm not very keen on their loud pipes. The way I ride is that I constantly listen to the engine, road, traffic, & tires. And I react based on what I'm hearing. When I ride with those guys, it messes me up and end up not being able to control the bike well.

Regarding the microphone location, that's a good spot. I know other guys on youtube are mounting them inside their helmets so they can narrate as they go. Me, I prefer to keep it simple and use whatever is attached to the camera. I can always edit that out later.

Anyhow, congrats to you and your EFI conversion.