View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2015, 05:45 PM   #7
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieoz View Post
My bike chain snapped while riding, spun around, broke things but kept me safe . Problem now is that it wont go into first but will go into second while on a bike stand. I am unable to press the shifting peddle down, it just stops as if hitting something. Any ideas? I will try to add pictures/videos tomorrow! Thanks!

Noteable things:

-currently has no front sprocket on
-currently has no chain on
Why do you think it's in 2nd and not in 1st? Try clicking up to see if it will go into neutral - which would mean it was in 1st.

If it is in 2nd, the transmission need to spin to change gears. Usually rocking forward and backward will move enough to allow you to change gears, but without a chain that's kinda tough.

You could start it (clutch lever in) and let the clutch out for a second to spin the transmission, then try shifting it again.

If you broke a chain on a Ninja 250, you missed some clues that things were not in proper order. The chain on a Ninja 250 is pretty low-stress compared to most cycles.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote