View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2019, 08:21 AM   #1
Kromagg
ninjette.org member

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): Ninja EX250R

First time bike owner in need of some guidance.

Hello all!

I am new to the forum but have been a lurker for a few years now. I bought an EX250 off my coworker a few years back. I got a lot of use out of it for the first year, but lately it's been having trouble. When searching the forum I have found lots of similar threads but none of them have fixed my problem so I was hoping to get some more insight.

I've gotten to the point where my bike starts everytime now and idles perfect. The moment I give any throttle at all the bike will die on me. This happens when choke is on and off. It happens when the bike is cold or warmed up.

Things I have done:

I have replaced the spark plugs and air filter, I have pulled the carbs and did a full cleaning. (Yes the carbs have been fully cleaned I redid my work 3 times to be sure, soaked every part in carb cleaner, shot compressed air through all of the Jets and crevices. You could see through each jet clearly when I was finished.) Now the idle mixture screws on my carb we're messed with so I checked my factory manual and reset them to default. When I pulled the spark plugs I found gas residue on them which indicates to me that the previous owner ran the bike rich.

Fresh carb clean and spark plugs replacement helped the bike idle beautifully in comparison to before but I'm still having the issue where it dies when I try to give it throttle. I'm unsure what my next step here would be and wanted to pick your brains to see if anyone can lend further insight so I can stop racking my brain 24/7 obsessing over it.

THANKS TO ALL THAT MADE IT THIS FAR!

As I stated I'm new to the forum and I know this issue has been posted before, please feel free to link me threads related to my issue if you'd prefer. I've tried searching and read a bunch of threads already but I'm still getting used to the UI of this forum! Thanks again!
Kromagg is offline   Reply With Quote