View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2
voidrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 2000 Kawasaki Super Sherpa

Jacob,

This question comes back to "what do I want a bike for?"

In real life, I found my Ninja 250 for $1500. It got me back into riding, and has been a great bike. Lately, however, I have been wanting to explore more dirt and gravel roads, and while the Ninja is quite nimble, and does off-pavement quite well, I just feel like I am "beating up" my street ride.

So, at this point, I would like a dual sport, with an on-road bias. Considering my small stature, the KLR 250, Kawasaki Super Sherpa, or Honda NX 250 have a lot of appeal.

If I were to narrow down to street bikes, the only other 250 that is/was in the States that really is of much interest to me is the Honda VTR 250. I find a lot of appeal for ~ 400cc bikes. The old Suzuki Bandit 400s have a good following, and seem to be mentioned favorably on a lot of forums. If money is no object the Honda VFR 400 is very drool-some.

One of the more modern bikes that seems to be practical and economical is the Suzuki SV 650.

I'm just not too sure about the new Honda 250 thumper and a friend has a Suzuki TU 250, I've ridden it and prefer my old Ninja 250 in every consideration.
voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote