View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #23
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I have a pair and use them every day for commuting. For $69, you can't beat the value. They are lightweight, breathe well, offer decent protection and I find them very comfortable. The protection isn't enough for the track, but they still compare favorably to other boots I've had, with toe, ankle and shin protection that I think would do well in a street getoff.

At first, I wasn't a fan of walking in them, but put in a pair of new insoles to good effect. The stretch panel on the back of the boot is showing some signs of wear after a few months -- there is no way they are going to make it to the end of their 5 year warranty. But in the meantime, they are doing their job very well in the hot weather I ride in.
I've had mine since May, have probably about 3800 miles on them. I'll pretty much echo gfloyd's response in every way. Good but not great, perfectly fine for commuting. I had a low-side with these on back on Memorial Day weekend and they held up fine. The toe-slider was scuffed a bit but beyond that no damage and my feet/ankles were fine. One thing I cannot stress enough is to get insoles! I toughed mine out until about early August and finally bought some insoles and it really made them much more comfortable. Only wear & tear on mine is on the rear stretch panel and the large "BiLT" letters started peeling off so I just pulled them off altogether which I actually kind of prefer b/c it makes them almost completely all black and just looks better IMHO.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote