View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #33
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red250R View Post
When buying the brass fittings, what size should all the barbed sizes be for the hose connections? Since theres 3 different sizes of hose being used, shouldn't it matter what size the barbed sides are? Or once you clamp the hose on using the spring clamps it won't make a difference? I just don't want to buy the wrong size barbed fittings.
See post #11 in this thread for a complete list.

EDIT:
I just realized I said 1/8" FNPT elbow when it should have been Tee. I corrected that.

Use 5/16" tubing for the inlet to the pressure regulator + EFI clamps.
Use 3/16" tubing to connect to the low pressure side of the fuel pump + EFI clamps.
The short length of 3/16" tubing on the bubbler port connects to a 1/4" barbed elbow. The hose needs to be soaked for a few minutes in hot water to make it limber enough for the fit. All low pressure fittings that have a barb can use spring clamps, but any hose attached to the fuel pump needs EFI clamps because it has no barbs.
The straight barb that I put on the fuel rail is 1/4" barb and the hose is also 1/4". All barbed elbows are 1/4". The Tee is also.

Make sure you look at the addendum of the video because I had to change the way some of the tubing is connected because of leaks.