View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #861
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
No, I had a Sylvania Silverstar 60/55 in there...

Yes, I've seen your post on wattage usage.

The battery is the cheapest 12V motorsports battery I could find at AutoZone. It's the same width and depth as the oem battery, but it's about 1/3 the height. I have no idea what other ratings it has, but it worked perfectly fine with the stock bike.

I even switched from my 2357 tail light back to an 1157 tail light. The only thing non-stock about my electrical system is my running lights, but those are LED's so I figured they were basically negligible.

Any way that you look at it, my issues were solved by not using as much power. When I use a 35W bulb, I only get a touch of fluctuation during warm up, but other than that nothing. When the O2 sensors are out for continuous rich-mode usage, I have no problems at all.

/our OT take-over of a GB sale thread.

EDIT: benefit of my headlight swap: more light output, and I have a bi-xenon projector and an 80mm LED halo ring sitting here waiting to go into a spare headlight that's also on the way. I'll have cool headlights and a blacked out oem reflector. It'll look like my headlight is dark when off, and I'm going to wire in some relays and switches so I can use the LED halo as a running light, and then have on/off control of my headlight along with high/low beam. Yay for cool pregens
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote