View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #81
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca00 View Post
Why would Kawi add a "beefier looking" frame/suspension? The current 250 doesn't stress the frame, swingarm or suspension to require more material. If you want the look add a swingarm cover.

The seat on the CBR 250 is not a banana seat although those usually offer more rider comfort.

The handle bars are one of the nice looking features of the new CBR. They are tall enough to provide a comfortable ride and give better leverage for spirited riding while still allowing access to the forks. As they're designed now they look like the design will lend itself nicely to the aftermarket and "clip-ons" or lowered risers.
I've seen sporty-shaped banana seats and while I know that this is two pieces on two levels, there is still no distinction and, thus, it looks less like a "sport" style.

That was the basis of my other complaints. It's just less sporty. Yes, I did order a swingarm cover, but can you tell me why the CBR 250 doesn't need one if it has less HP than the Ninjette? STYLE! Like I said, it IS adequate, but there's no reason why the Ninjette can't have something similar off the line.

As for the bars, those are the same reasoning that go into the Ninjette's bars. Of course they are well reasoned for certain applications, but not as a sport bike. All I'm saying is that there's a reason they'd never put the single-tube style of the 650R or the elevated platform blocks of the Ninjette on a ZX-series bike. Look at the Aprillia RS125. Being small doesn't mean that it can't have a little style.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote