Old September 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #71
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
.......left foot down, right foot back onto rear brake........You are trained to follow the system. If you do not follow the system you fail the test & don't get a licence.......
With such a set of illogical procedures, it seems to be a system very hard to follow.

At least from my ignorant point of view, all that switching of feet and use of rear brake during a stop is less safe than just braking and keeping the bike from moving only with the front brake, putting only the right foot down and keeping the left foot up either for changing to first (as the system requires) or neutral (for adjusting gear or resting left hand) at will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
........And there has never been an advantage that I have gained from putting the bike in neutral. Outside of a need to adjust gear, or because I'm tired of holding the clutch.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote