View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:31 PM   #34
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Finally made a trip out to the dragon in the Miata!

I hit Fontana and 129 early to avoid the traffic and LEO, got some good laps in.

I also finally got a chance to experience the Cherohala Skyway. If you have ever driven the blue ridge parkway and been struck with the beauty of the mountains, you really need to make the trip to the skyway. It's like all the really sweet spots of the BRP, but condensed into a single road. You don't speed, you just cruise and soak it all it. Top down, sunshine, cool wind in your hair. Soak it all in.

After the skyway, I snaked my way north again on some less traveled roads, back to the top of 129, and then did some slower parade laps of the dragon and enjoyed watching traffic for a bit at a few pull offs. There was a nice officer on duty giving out performance awards and lots of traffic compared to the morning, but still a great drive.

I found the perfect calm state of mind and casual pace where I could feel every bit of the car work and talk and rotate but never lose speed or focus. It was a beautiful thing. It has this perfect playfulness that lets you paint lines on the road.

Another good day in the books.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote