View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2019, 11:26 AM   #1
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Student 250, turned to personal ride: a few Qs

Hey y'all. Been quite some time since I said hello.

Hello!

So here is my dilemma, a private 250 with mods, was sold to the school a few years ago. It has mods. ( the rest of the bikes are bone stock) because of this, if I did carb work on this 250, I cleaned all carb stuff, but adjusted nothing. Unfortunately I have lost the "dark arts" to aftermarket jetting tuning. Anyways, we have updated our fleet of bikes, and this 2008 ninja 250 was offered to me for a very attractive price.

The issue: 20 to 30 minute warm up time, with choke on.
When warm, is a banshee right out of the gates from your sweeetest nightmare. It's really strong/crisp accelerating for a 250!

Now that it's mine, a few Q and A.

It has an aftermarket exhaust. ( yoshi triangular exhaust)
Stock airbox
Aftermarket needles/jet kit. ( i can get jet numbers in a few hours)

I can't quite tell if this is a full system, or slip-on, by looking at the headers) if this is a full system, i would THINK that the airbox would be removed, and an alternate filter/pod would be in place?

Mixture screws out 3-1/2 turns
Needles have clip 3rd from top, the plastic spacer, then two washers on top of the spacer.

That doesn't look/sound right to me, but always ran fine after warm up. I also don't know a good baseline to start.

Sorry if there is too much "TL.DR" but offering up what info I know, at the start.

Thx for any help identifying any issues.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote