View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2019, 10:12 PM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
I DO. have a correction though. On the needles, both have two washers ABOVE the E-clip. Not below as I stated.
That's better. Stuff above clip makes no difference in needle height. Stuff above just helps spring seat better and prevent needle bouncing. Best to remove everything and set clip on top position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
Unfortunately, had an event. The fuel diaphram (?) That prevents the tank from filling up the carbs without suction..didn't. Left side intake and valves, was FULL. Oil sight glass..FULL. Carbs FULL. Garage floor had a nice puddle, and eye burning gas fumes, when I walked into the garage this morning.
You've got two problems:

1. First, petcock diaphragm is not sealing. Without vacuum to open it, it should stop all fuel-flow regardless of position. Will need rebuild-kit with new seals. Or new petcock.

2. Second issue is float-valves in carbs aren't sealing. Even IF petcock is leaking fuel into carbs, proper float-valve operation will stop fuel-flow.

Good idea to fix everything before riding. Carbs need complete refurbishment to factory-fresh condition, not just some surface cleaning with dip. Thorough disassembly of every last nut and bolt into individual components. Everything scrubbed and flossed; all jet holes, bleed-holes, fuel-circuit passagesways. Ultrasonic soaking in caustic radioactive solvents. Micro soda-blasting at 100000psi. Only when carbs are factory-clean like when they left factory with 0-miles, will bike run as brand-new.

Riding bike with leaking carbs can be very dangerous.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote