View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2009, 06:04 AM   #38
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

First off, congrats on the new bike!

That is one of the selling points on why I bought the 650. There are alot of vehicles here who take some of the twisties at posted turns (20mph on a 20mph posted..etc..etc) and would speed up to 20-25mph over the speed limit in passing zones (65-70 in a 45) and then slow right up again where I cant pass.

I pull over and wait most of the time when that happens, but then you have to get back in the groove and you usually catch up to them pretty quick.

When they see me next to them on the 650 passing them they get the idea pretty quick and let me pass. So I am only speeding enough to pass and nothing rediculous.

The transition to the 650 on twisty roads will be very easy for you. It will be the parking lot maneuvers that may pose a challenge at first. On the 250 it still feels like I was leaning more through the turns. The speedo tells me I am going the same speeds but.. I dont know the 250 just has a bit more fun factor. Alot easier to find the limits of the 250 rather than the 650.

Break in those new tires before you hit some twisties. Even with my stock tires they can feel loose. So there is a limit I give myself through twisty roads. I wont be pushing it till I put better tires on.

The 250 definately has the edge on flickability but the 650 really isnt far off. The 650 is just as capable as the 250.

You will be happy with the choice but I can gauruntee it will be a sad day when you get rid of the 250 if you plan on going that route.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote