View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Name: Chase

Motorcycle(s): "Blanka" 07' Ninja 250

My 250 Pregen Reborn and Custom Graphics

So as some of you may know, last 4th of July, a drunk friend of mine got on my 250 without permission and wrecked it (and himself). I won't get much into that, but long story short, my beautiful, neat mint black 250 was never the same. He ripped the mirror off, foot pegs (both) off, destroyed my bar ends, broke out the sight glass, dented the tank, and demolished the side of my upper fairing.

I pretty much said it was done.

I was going to just rage on it and throw out all of the fairings and attempt a street fighter, but it really was more out of desperation. I tried spot fixing and repainting the exhaust a million times, and at every turn, I just hated it more and more. I simply wanted a different bike, but I couldn't... I STILL owe money for it...

Long story short, and many hours later, after working up a lot of courage and doing all the work alone (this is all new to me too), I've rebuilt her. I used online tips, lessons, guides, and so on to do the following.

Jetted
Cleaned the carbs/airbox
checked/fixed all of the cables/wires
fiberglassed the damage
filled/sanded the pits/cracks
sanded and painted the entire bike, head to toe
removed the front fender
removed the mirrors
added new side marker lights, bar ends, levers, and pegs
new 2 to 1 Muzzy exhaust (found barely used for $100)
custom doodle art

It's not 100% done, and while it's not super perfect, it's... Damn close. We couldn't find a single run, peel, or pit in the paint, and the patchwork is as good as I'm getting for doing it myself. I still need to rewire my tail lights, put, my plate back on, and compound polish the whole bike for it's ultimate shine.

Thoughts?

*before (wasn't she pretty? *cries*)

*after