View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2015, 08:32 PM   #39
liberpolly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Poul

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Triumph Legend "Arwen", 2006 Ninja 650 "Matsuo Hotaru". 2010 Ninja 250 "Firefly" - sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80 View Post
I guess everybody is different. I had a '95 Miata and the ABS and traction control was managed by my right foot... and I loved it. Test drove a 2004 Miata with ABS and traction control and I hated it. The joy of being able to steer the car from the rear was gone and overall satisfaction of controlling the car became dull.

Do little 300's need traction control? Can't imagine it'd be very hard to control 30'ish ponies and 2 piston calipers up front prolly don't scream to a halt like your typical dual 4 pot superbike. My dad's FJR has linked ABS and it works awesome, but makes me a lazy rider.

I like the little R3 just the way it is... but maybe it could use some more blue in the lower fairings.
Miata - agree, I loved sending my 2000 into a controlled drift. But I am probably a year or two away from being able to drift a rear wheel on a motorcycle, so I'd get any help that will help me to push envelope, knowing that my ass is covered - more or less. If I never use TC or ABS, all the better. I hope to never use the armor in my jacket too.