View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #22
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I finally received my RAM mount with the aqua box that i ordered through gpscity.ca. After asking for headshrink's permission here are some pics of my setup. I quickly realized that my garmin craddle does not fit the 1" ball that RAM uses so i have to purchase the RAM craddle. I'll have to play with the setup. I wanted the aqua box because i live and ride near the ocean and there is usually some salty mist in the air but seeing how bulky it is I will definitely buy the RAM craddle and might put plastic wrap around my Garmin on certain days.

I have received the following:

RAM Mount Aqua Box GPS Cradle Wide
RAM Mount Round Plate with 1 inch Ball
RAM Mount Standard 1.0 inch Socket Arm
RAM Mount Steel U-Bolt Motorcycle Mount Base
RAM Mount Mini Motorcycle Mount Base 9mm Hole
Gilsson Bare Wire Power Cable

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is my Garmin in the aqua box with all 3 pieces of foams (0.12", 0.25" and 0.5" thick) included. I find the aqua box big.

aqua box closed and the gelly cover works great on the touchscreen

Here it is on my handlebar and i just noticed in the picture that it is hidding my side mirror but will have to go for a ride to see if it really is in the way

finally here it is on the windshield ball mount which hides the speedometer but can still see my tach and fuel gauge. I use the gps now for more accurate speed. It may work better with the craddle.

If anyone is wondering i have a Garmin Nuvi 250W

Last futzed with by BlueRaven; July 30th, 2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added information
BlueRaven is offline   Reply With Quote