View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2017, 12:49 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Repair/Recovery [GRAPHIC/NSFW]

Well then. This is not my proudest moment but here's to admitting fault and displaying a degree of humility.

It's almost been a week. Ambulance, numerous hospital visits, and all matter of other unpleasant circumstances have taken place between then and now.

This certainly has been a learning experience and a wake-up call. At the risk of sounding like a pansy, I'm content to still be among the living and this event has shifted my perspective on life.

There isn't really a reason for this thread, but after sitting around for days with my leg above my head -- I'm running out of ways to entertain myself.

I haven't seen the other side of the bike yet. It went down on the right and then left side before sliding so the damage might be worse. I'm trying not to think about it too much but in the next few days I'll uncover the machine and have a look at the rest of the damage. Important for me to heal myself before I can take care of anything else. 16 stitches in right shin and lots of other aches and pains.

You might not want to read this paragraph. Y'know what it's like to wear a sock that is pulled up to your knee? Y'know what it's like to pull that sock down off your leg? That's basically what happened to all the flesh on the front of my right leg below the knee. The EMT used the term "de-gloving" on the radio when he called in the accident on the way to the hospital. And yes, the tibia is a very bright white color when fully exposed to the atmosphere. By the time everything was sewn back together, it had oxidized and taken on more of a dull, maroon color. I wish that I did not know these things and now you are probably thinking the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170407_151234.jpg (103.9 KB, 69 views)