Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:43 AM   #25
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
I'm kinda thinking if your not skilled of confident enough to wipe off your visor in the rain then you shouldn't be riding in the rain, period.
QFT

Learn to ride comfortably first. Learn to deal with foul conditions second. From your past posts, you're new, you're not confident, you're under-geared, but you're looking to learn.

For the time being, if it looks like rain is in the forecast, it might be best to take the cage.

You should have no trouble keeping upright with just a few fingers on the throttle, applying just enough pressure to twist the throttle. Ever ridden a bicycle with no hands? how about riding a bicycle with only one or two fingers to give steering inputs? same deal. Are you comfortable on a bicycle? It's a great teaching tool. If you're not comfortable, it might be time to get the bicycle out to safely learn.

Here's an idea: csmith12, sirref, and I are going to be at Mid-Ohio for a track day on August 5 and 6. You're more than welcome to come hang out in our paddock and watch us from the infield when we ride. Study the BP of various riders in various skill groups. Take camera out and get pictures of every rider you can. You'll see that even at huge lean angles and high speeds, the really fast guys are so relaxed on the bike, they might as well be sitting back with a lemonade. Two or three fingers on the throttle, loose hands, loose arms, calm. Because you're worried about removing a hand to wipe your visor, I get the impression that you're tense on your bike while you ride. I think you could learn a ton from bouncing a million questions off of more experienced riders, and then watching them go do what they do.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote