View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:13 PM   #25
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
Just wanted to say that I find your comments personally offensive, as do I find your avatar personally offensive. Many forums have policies that ban overtly political avatars and comments because of the simple fact that unless you're on a political forum they just don't belong there. Please take your political masturbation to some place that cares.

As to the comments on nuclear power, the simple fact is that we import a majority of our nuclear fuel from Russia in the form of decommissioned/reprocessed weapons and sub/navy power plant fuel. Russia is not our friend. Putin is a tin-pot dictator in sheep's clothing.

We do not have, and cannot have in the foreseeable future, enough nuclear fuel production in-country to supply our existing reactors, let alone any new ones being planned or built. And that doesn't even address the waste issues, the biggest of which to me is the fact that every year we produce tons, literally tons, of what is a terrorist's wet dream. Determined people will eventually get what they want, no matter what.

One very appealing option is thorium reactor technology. Safe, less messy, we're self-sufficient in it, and it's been around since the 1940's.

http://energyfromthorium.com/
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/ff_new_nukes/

Personally, I feel that any energy policy that does not focus on eliminating our dependence on foreign nations (friendly or otherwise, now or in the future) is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars, and bodes ill for the long term survival of this nation. There is nothing inherent about America that guarantees it will survive the near, mid, or long term future. Even the Roman Empire, which spanned a significant portion of this globe for thousands of years eventually failed. And so can we.
Thanks for the political rant.
Sorry you dont like my avitar but unless your obama I wonder why it offends you? I wasnt offended when Bush was called Hitler. They werent talking about me, what do I care. It was there right to call him whatever they want just as its my right to call obama whtever I please. Welcome to America and the first amendment. If your lucky your little jab about being offended will promt Alex to ask me to change it. That was your intent right?
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote