View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:58 AM   #1
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

Training after the MSF BRC/ERC ???

As many of you already know, the MSF Basic Rider Course (BRC) does NOT prepare you for riding on the streets and highways. Before anyone takes exception with the previous sentence, that is a direct quote from one of my MSF instructors, made during my class. Boy, was that a let down for me. I was hoping to come out of the class knowing everything there is to know about riding a motorcycle; however, as I have learned, the best instructors in the world can't convey that much information in roughly 16 hours of class and range instruction. What are we to do? Practice the basics learned in the BRC? Read books, articles, etc.? Take the MSF Experienced Rider Course (ERC)? ........ Track days?

From what I understand, the ERC is mostly a refresher of the advanced Range exercises learned in the later part of the BRC. Those of you who have taken the ERC are welcome to expand on this based upon your experiences. As I understand, the prerequisites are you should have 1000-3000 miles of riding experience and you must use your own bike.

Track days!!!!!! I understand from reading threads from Beast, Broom, Kurosaki, Alex, Richard, et al, that this is valuable training/experience, but for me that seems like a BIG JUMP from MSF/BRC/ERC to the track! I don't like the idea of having to drill/wire the bolts/caps, etc. and tape/remove lights on the bike. Sure, RaceBikeRentals (RBR) is an excellent way of avoiding this, but RBR is located in California and I am in Virginia.

We have all seen the threads on Bike Racing schools, but this is a long way from the MSF classes. So what are we to do?

Of course, I have found an alternative:

http://www.totalcontroltraining.net/

Classes are only $295 for one day and they are available nationwide.

Link to original page on YouTube.

g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote