View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM   #13
Han Solo 1
ninjette.org guru

Name: Han Solo

Motorcycle(s): Had a 2008 Ninja 250, til some low-life stole it. Now riding a 2013 red cbr250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
People say the same **** about motorcycling in general. It's all about doing it responsibly and mitigating the risks. I've easily done a many times more miles than that with plenty of lane splitting in the crazy Bay Area traffic and never crashed. I don't even recall many close calls simply because I ride in a way that leaves enough room to deal with "unexpected" drivers without needing emergency maneuvers.

Hell, I've been lane splitting in my commute almost daily without even a horn or working high beams for 3 or 4 months now and found that I haven't needed them at all to keep me safe. In the few instances where I found myself wanting to use the horn, it would've solely been to make me feel better after the fact and wouldn't have changed the situation because I would have already dealt with it in the way I was riding.
If I'm such as ass, tell me I'm wrong about my assumption. If a car in the way or hard braking was not to blame, then I'm an idiot. If it was, I simply called it.

Thousands lane split without incident. Doesn't mean it's safe. Thousands of people also meet up for screws with complete strangers based off Craigslist ads, too, but that doesn't mean it's safe either.
Han Solo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote