View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
The Grocery Bandit

So, not sure this a 'crash' report but still a story to tell; I should probably start bringing my cover with me on the bike after this, though I'd love to hear any stories from others on preventing this from happening.
Needed a few small items to make dinner, so I decided to run out to the local grocer since what I needed could fit in my backpack and I avoid taking my car since my parking space barely fits it (which is impressive, I drive a compact car).
Grocery store is on the 'edge' of a neighborhood so lots of foot traffic, didn't really think about it. Went in, got my veggies, and when I walked out there was a kid (13 or 14 is my bet) on my Ninja. I saw him and shouted to ask why he was there and apparently panicked him since he jumped off it and, in the process, shoved it off the stand onto the ground. Damn it.
I was more concerned with my bike than him at that point, picked up the bike and except for the fact it made one of my front turn signals unusable there's very little visible damage (a small paint chip and some very light scuffs I already scrubbed off).
Still, looks like my next change to the bike will be putting on flush mount turn signals -- was on my list but now that one is busted that one gets priority. Fun.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote