View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #2
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Blue Ninja 250R, Yamaha SRV250

Maps

Okay, I feel like I'm talking to myself here, but I've got nowhere else to go with this.

I've put a Power Commander V in my 2011 FI Ninja and have recently bought a Tyga Full Racing Exhaust. Before I install the exhaust, I need a map for the PCV. The quote I got today for mapping on a dyno was about $600 and I would have to give them my bike for a week. Not gonna happen.

I have a map for the full Yoshimura exhaust. However, I was told by Tyga Performance:

Some independent tests comparing the Yoshi pipe to ours would show that the Yoshi pipe is a little more free flowing, so the map required for that may be a fraction rich for our pipe. But it would probably be a good starting point if you are able to fiddle with it a little.

In riding tests between ours and Yoshimura's pipe the general consensus was that the Yoshi was too top end biased and as such was left a little lacking in the bottom and midrange. Probably OK if you're drag racing.

There is a place nearby where I may be able to just Dyno the bike (haven't checked prices, but they don't do mapping so...)

Anyway, has anyone here done their own map adjustments? Any advice or recommendations?

If I remove my snorkel then use the Yoshimura map for full exhaust with snorkel, would that lean it out? If I do adjust the map myself, any ideas of how much I should lean it out and where in the tp/rpm curve?

I realize that every bike and situation is different. I also realize that a lot of people that have their bikes mapped have paid a lot of money and don't want to just give them away. I'm just looking for advice at this point.
Sonofswin is offline   Reply With Quote