View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:22 PM   #1
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Portland Bike Pub Crawl

Friday one of my clients from work invited me to a bicycle pub crawl with him and his friends. He mentioned something about a tandem bike... I was not feelin' it. That would be like cheating on my ninjette. And a down grade at that. Besides tandems are fruity (no offense).

Rode up to Portland anyway. Met them at the second pub, which was hard to find. Phone GPS and riding is not easy. On top of that my phone was dying.

Finally found em. Had a drink of water, then bounced. They took a bike path over the bridge that scoot scoot wasn't allowed on. We were okay with that.

Went around up Belmont about 22 blocks. I saw a lot in those 22 blocks. A group of people dressed up like pirates. Scary druggies camping out on the sidewalks. Ghetto fabulous hood peoples. Hookers. Lots of different things.

Found the 3rd bar. Parked. Had a brew. We all stood and looked at my bike. People asked for rides, I said no way. (def need to get a cowl cover so people stop asking!) The guys asked me if they could take it for a ride. Said no way. It was all good.

Some older dude came up to me and said some words to me about being a chick on a bike.

Got back on scoot scoot, and rode to the Portland Beer Festival. It was cool I rode slow next to the bicycle posse. They told me I was the "muscle". Haha.

Got to the festival and they were done serving beer. That was hands down the most effed up shi**y people I have seen in one spot.

Left there and rode next to the bicycles to the next spot. Had some miscommunication and lost a valued member of the crew (the one that invited me in the first place).

He called us and told us where he was at then his phone died.

I was volunteered to go look for him because I had the fastest ride.

That was cool. Found the bar he was at but he had left, so I met back up with the crew.

We decided to head back to Carl's house and look for Martin.

I rode ahead and he was there. Safe and sound.

Crashed out. Woke up and rode out North Portland for breakfast at a friends house. (not on bicycles anymore)

Headed out to Canby for some shooting on Martin's farm....

That's where I took this:

Shot at some targets. Shot a 9mm semi, some shotguns and a sniper rifle.

Headed back South toward home.

Worth it!
ninja_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote