View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:04 AM   #16
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarr View Post
Interesting!! I've bookmarked it for now; what I'm going to try first is a tune up because it's really not all that great as it is. Not only is there the good 8+ minute warm-up required in he morning, but I also end up needing to use the choke for at least a few minutes if I end it up parking it for 30 or more minutes. The temperature hasn't been horrible in this last week since I started riding it; around 52 degrees F, so it's striking me as a little odd that that's needed after a 2 hour ride.

So that's the plan anyway, tune-up and valves as I can afford it and if it's still being a pain, then I'll likely order that kit.

Thanks Bill!
I took a ride in January and one in February this year. My Ninja behaved quite differently at 50 F. than it does when it's 85 degrees. I think you'll find the old girl much happier when things warm-up. With the Thermo Bob 3 my engine hits 120 degrees in about 2 minutes of operation and full operating temperature in 5 minutes. I installed a Trail Tech digital temperature gauge.

Happy trails.

Bill