View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #41
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
That can't be right?? I'm 5'1 with about 26-27" inseam. LOL Are your legs super short?

If I sit on a 32.7" high seat I can barely touch my left big toe while the bike is on the kick stand. I'd never be able to stand the bike to take it off the kick stand.

My 250 was lowered 2" so it was approx 28.5" seat height. I could flat foot my left or put both balls of my feet down.
Pretty much,

I overdone it on the weights when I was still growing, I've legs like tree trunks, & could squat 220kg at 17... 28-29" inseam & at one stage they were 24" around, an ex was able to fit her belt around 1 of my thighs

Back when I was an artillery gunner I could raise the trails & push a 1.8 ton field gun around without assistance, I think the Bty. Sgt. almost had a hernia himself when he saw me do it

Slide your left arse cheek off the side of the seat, as you stop on the rear brake tip the bars left the whole way & lean it over so you can flat foot it on your left foot.

Be sure of what you're about to put your foot down on (or in...), I almost dropped a mate's 800cc BMW that way, & once ended up taking a detour off road on the ninjette, got stopped & put my foot down a hole, bike tipped over but rested on my leg & needed a mate to help pull it upright before I could get my leg out of the hole

Once you're ready to go point the bars forward & roll on, the bike will stabilise in an upright position once it's moving.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote