View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:22 PM   #11
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
What am I missing here? Why not take your gear inside and hang it up?
Or; invest in A few bottles of Febreze!
That is why I'm taking the rolling luggage/briefcase. The ride is actually to the train station about 10 miles away as the crow flies, a bit more because I take the back roads. I live outside Boston**, so I steer clear of the rush hour traffic by driving to a station some distance away, even though I have two or three stations closer, so that I can get my moto ride in.

I stuffed my pants and jacket into the mostly empty briefcase and my lunch and valuables into the backpack/tank bag. Problem solved, and it's not too difficult to strap onto the Alu Rack even with the Givi case (read expensive hard sided grocery bag).

Last year I tried to get by with just the tank bag, but I was always just "this close" to being overwhelmed with everything I was carrying. This works and will be the go-to for the commute.

I will definitely keep the febreze in mind though. As the sun gets hotter, I'm sure something of mine will need it... :-}

** Boston traffic at rush hour means your otherwise 35 minute drive to the city can become 1.5 hours of stop and go in six lanes of traffic ... I take the train to bypass it.

Last futzed with by wendyjboss; May 26th, 2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: detail
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote