View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM   #196
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
If I only did was trackdays, then I'd probably move up to a bigger bike (SV650)

For racing,
600: Hell no! Too dangerous. Too many moments
650: Nuclear Arms Race. Also, it seems like their grids are getting smaller. F-Twins had 9 on Sat and 5 on Sun.

At the end of the race day, I want to be able to walk home and still have cash in my pocket.
Besides, the 250 group has the best community vibe on the paddock.
Plus Juan. If I was only doing trackdays, I want the new 2013 Daytona 675R

For Racing, the Ninja 250 is tons of fun. I just need to develop a lot of things to be able to be a front runner. Ive got my work cut out for me.

When I was racing the D675, I was barely getting by financially because of how much it costs to race it...the tires alone on a 600 are a lot and do not last as long as they do the 250. I knew that I couldn't race the 600s forever and had a feeling that I would race for maybe one season and then have to take a break from it and reevaluate. My goal was to get enough points to get to expert and then reevaluate. Suffice to say, people that know my story--that fate kicked and told me that will not happen. It was a no-brainer to race a different class. I came close to racing the SV650s because Sofia said she would sell her 2003 to me for a steal. However I didn't want to somehow develop some rivalry since both of us are competitive. There were times we were going back and forth with lap times on my D675 and her on the SV650 so I could imagine it would have been worst on the same class of bike.

Racing a Ninja 250 is more financially manageable and much easier to DIY maintenance. I just don't want it to become another nuclear arms race like the SV650s
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote